Well: the time finally came for me to bite the bullet and buy a new home server. This new machine is replacing my circa 1999 Dell Pentium III 550mhz box that has been running, faithfully I might add, in my basement for the last couple of years as a NAS. It will also replace the laptop with the broken screen in the basement, which has been serving as my web server. Since: my file transfer speeds were so appalling (~10MB/s), I am running out of hard drive space, and the box sounds like it is ready to take off at any moment (I don’t think there are any ball bearings left) I thought it prudent to bit the bullet and get a new server.
New DesignAm working on a new design - bear with me while it gets battered around. -DT
- How To: Unlock, Root, and Install a Custom ROM on a Galaxy Nexus (Verizon) Using a Mac
- How To: Install Vim 7.x Locally on Site5
- How To: Store iMovie ’09 Events and Projects on a Network Volume (NAS)
- Script: clean_bzip – a command line program for clean directory compression
- django-hitcount: simple app to count hits/views for an object